Dynamic Seal Testing
Dynamic seal testing accurately simulates the extreme limits of operating conditions. Vanseal can assist with your project by running tests that can predict or verify performance points under specified conditions.
Tests are typically run on the following types of parts:
- Oil, Grease and Bearing Seals
- High and Medium Pressure Rotary Seals
- High-Performance Rotary Seals
- Split Rotary Shaft Seals
- Swivel Seals
- Labyrinth Type Seals
- Exclusion seals
General Test Capabilities:
- Seal Diameters: up to 60 cm (24 inches)
- Shaft Speeds: up to 70,000 rpm
- Oil Pressures: up to 30,000 KPa (4,000 psi)
- Gas Pressures: up to 20,000 KPa (3,000 psi)
- Temperatures: up to 815° C (1,500°F)
- High-speed vision camera – reviews critical components for flaws, ensuring the highest quality standard
- Certification of materials – performed on rubber, plastic, and seals to ensure parts meet product-level specifications
- Rapid prototyping – for certification purposes or to gauge a part’s performance prior to manufacturing
3 Reasons to Use Dynamic Seal Testing Prior to Distribution
Improved test control. Test equipment programs provide automatic and repeatable changes from one test condition to another to better imitate seals under a variety of conditions.
Dynamic analysis and real time results. Provide information such as seal performance over time and measurable results as each test condition sequence completes.
Reliable test metrics. Qualified equipment confirms the quality of the design and manufacturing process in terms of seal performance.